Bernice asks if Mapp cabinet's pay is out of whack.. Olddoc on Trump visit to Mexico and his washing machine adventures.. Jackie: BB18 live feeds into Tuesday night..
CLIPS is your daily roundup of links to blog posts and news about Plainfield or affecting Plainfielders. Begun in 2003 as an email newsletter to Plainfield city council members when I was Plainfield's public information officer, it was later offered to the general public by email and has been available as a blog since 2007. If you have questions, suggestions or tips, email me at email@example.com.
NOTE: As of Monday, 8/15/16, PolicitckerNJ has become part of the NY Observer's website. (Both are owned by Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner). I have always used the abbreviation 'PolNJ' to point to articles from the site. Things have gotten complicated in the meantime, since Politico, the award-winning national news site, has begun to branch out with a NJ version -- PoliticoNJ. To avoid confusion, I will henceforth refer to PolitickerNJ with the abbreviation "ObsNJ'.. Hope that's not all too confusing. -- Dan
Steve Gallon: "Gallon faces runoff in Miami BOE election" -- His tenure in Plainfield has been brought up by his opponent.
Jobs: "Judge backs efforts by regulators to increase racial diversity at NY/NJ ports"
Food Recall: "Macadamia nuts recalled over salmonella fears"
Camden: "Another meeting to talk about why talk is not enough"
Coffee: "Climate change could cut coffee production by half" -- Maybe that'll wake up some deniers.
Colin Kaepernick: "You cannot glorify Muhammad Ali and vilify Colin Kaepernick" -- Editorial, Ledger.
Linden: "Cop injured in fatal wrong way crash resigns"
- "'Street Academy' seeks to steer youth from violence to GEDs" -- Updating a 1960s idea.
- "Olympian Shakur Stevenson fulfills old boxer's final wish on his special day"
NJ Transit: "Transit vops say they're overworked, understaffed"
Perth Amboy: "City mechanic testifies he worked on police chief's motorcycle"
- "Audit cites city for spending money on employee food and drinks"
- "Mercer County excludes Trenton from first-time home buyer assistance program"
2016 Presidential Race --
- "Trump to visit Mexico before immigration speech" -- Politico | NYTimes |
- "How Trump plans to trash Clinton"
- "Former models for Trump agency broke law, worked illegally" -- Foreigners on tourist visas.
- "Why Trump's campaign is suddenly a fan of The New York Times"
- "Poll: Why Trump trails Clinton in swing state Pennsylvania"
- "Christie is cash-for-access gatekeeper for Trump transition"
- "Stepien to stay on with Guadagno despite Trump job"
- "Possible GOP candidate Bramnick outlines what he wants for NJ"
Record | ObsNJ | NYTimes |
NJ Commutations: "Obama commutes life sentences of three in NJ"
RECENT BLOG POSTS --
[[BERNICE] asks if Mapp cabinet's pay is out of whack.
[OLDDOC] on Trump visit to Mexico and his washing machine adventures. (8/30/16)
[Mayor MAPP] on the Joy of Giving. (8/24/16)
[Councilor STORCH] on supporting our youth. (7/26/16)
[Councilor WILLIAMS] Summer movie series closes Thursday at PHS with 'Daddy's Home'. (8/148/16)
[DAVID] reports on a short vacation in the Yucatan. (8/21/16)
[JACKIE] BB18 live feeds into Tuesday night. (8/30/16).
[REBECCA at Bathrobe Blogger] Plainfield's annual community BBQ this Saturday. (8/16/2016)
[NOEL at PALS] Local talent to take over the ship of Plainfield football. (8/12/16).