Bernice: Q&A with developer Mario Camino.. Noel at PALS: Mid-State Conference 38 Top Ten.. Jackie: BBOTT: The infection goes on into Friday..
CLIPS is your daily roundup of links to blog posts and news about Plainfield or affecting Plainfielders. Begun in 2003 as an email newsletter to Plainfield city council members when I was Plainfield's public information officer, it was later offered to the general public by email and has been available as a blog since 2007. If you have questions, suggestions or tips, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rotary: "Plainfield Rotary to host free pancake breakfast for seniors"
Steve Gallon: "Gallon's eligibility for Miami school board challenged in court"
Addiction: "The four traits that put kids at risk for addiction"
Bedbugs: "Another state office building has bedbugs"
High School Sports: "Many girls do not report concussions"
Hospitals: "Judge finds Meadowlands Hospital guilty of multiple labor violations"
- "Fulop withdrawal shakes up Newark politics"
- "Baraka on solutions he is using to make Newark better for all"
- "Train crash leaves one dead, over 100 hurt" -- Record | NYTimes | PoliticoNJ |
- "Leaderless and underfunded, NJT had troubles well before crash"
- "NJT still lacks Positive Train Control safety technology"
- "Does this preventable train crash highlight Christie's failure to fund transportation" -- Paul Mulshine.
- "North Plainfield is tops in Somerset County for burglaries"
- "P-Funk North Band to hold album release party"
Somerset County: "County announces flood assistance for towns"
Summit: "Libraries of Union County honor TAPinto's Mike Shapiro"
Taxes: "Grammy winner Mario Winans admits failing to file returns on $2.8M in income"
2016 Presidential Race --
- "Ignoring advice, Trump launches Bill Clinton attack"
- "Clinton says 'no' to Trump's sex talk"
- "How Trump violated US embrgo against Cuba"
- "Trump rejects accusations of violating Cuba embargo"
- "CNN: Trump advisers want Christie to prep debate"
- "Poll finds Trump and Clinton supporters agree on at least one thing"
- "Hillary uses subtle phrases to sway Black voters"
- "USAToday: Don't vote for Trump"
- "In Fulop withdrawal, money won"
- "Murphy making moves, but Sweeney says 'nothing's changed'"
- "Ciatarelli set to become first Republican to enter race"
- "New details emerge on Wildstein's fifth day"
- "Wildstein: PA doled out favors in JC mayoral race" -- Politico | NJSpot |
- "Defense works to poke holes in Wildstein's testimony" -- Record | NYTimes | PoliticoNJ |
WWII: "Three Gentiles got FDR to save Jews" -- Well actually, it was Rabbi Stephen Wise.
RECENT BLOG POSTS --
[[BERNICE] Q&A with developer Mario Camino.
[OLDDOC] reviews the debate, plus a good toon. (9/27/16)
[Mayor MAPP] Redevelopment is the key to our future. (9/25/16)
[Councilor STORCH] salutes volunteer community cleanup efforts. (9/26/16)
[Councilor WILLIAMS] issues a call to action to Stop Trump and Elect Hillary. (9/26/16)
[DAVID] reports on a short vacation in the Yucatan. (8/21/16)
[JACKIE] BBOTT: The infection goes on into Friday. (9/30/16).
[REBECCA at Bathrobe Blogger] on Rec Division's Halloween activities for October. (9/28/2016)
[NOEL at PALS] Mid-State Conference 38 Top Ten. (9/28/16).
**NOTE: As of Monday, 8/15/16, PolicitckerNJ has become part of the NY Observer's website. (Both are owned by Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner). I have always used the abbreviation 'PolNJ' to point to articles from the site. Things have gotten complicated in the meantime, since Politico, the award-winning national news site, has begun to branch out with a NJ version -- PoliticoNJ. To avoid confusion, I will henceforth refer to PolitickerNJ with the abbreviation "ObsNJ'.. Hope that's not all too confusing. -- Dan