CLIPS is your daily roundup of links to blog posts and news about Plainfield or affecting Plainfielders. Begun in 2003 as an email newsletter to Plainfield city council members when I was Plainfield's public information officer, it was later offered to the general public by email and has been available as a blog since 2007. If you have questions, suggestions or tips, email me at email@example.com.
Drugs: "Two Plainfielders among 8 busted in Elizabeth heroin mill" -- Ledger | Courier |
Tax Liens: "NJ allowed one vendor to dominate online lien sales, investigation finds"
Diocese of Metuchen: "New bishop optimistic about leading NJ diocese"
Newark: "Parents sue over lead in water in city's schools"
2016 Candidates --
- "Indiana Primary results"
- "Trump wins Indiana" -- Politico | NYTimes | Ledger | Record | Bloomberg |
- "Sanders tops Clinton in Indiana" -- Politico | IBT | Bloomberg | Record |
- "Cruz drops out after Indiana loss" -- Politico | NYTimes | Ledger |
- "Republicans consider Clinton over Trump"
- "Trump would have uphill battle against Clinton"
- "Clinton plots swing-state ambush for Trump"
- "Trump opening campaign HQ in Edison" -- The event is free, but you have to guess where it is.
- "Fulop attacks Christie-Sweeney-Norcross alliance"
- "Sweeney: Fulop should worry about Jersey City"
- "Norcross: Fulop making a fool of himself"
RECENT BLOG POSTS --
[BERNICE] Mapping out a new BOE; Council, residents want PMUA rates cut.
[OLDDOC] on the Council agenda; Advances in heart surgery. (5/01/16)
[Mayor MAPP] Mayor Mapp squelches misleading Board of Ed election rumors. (4/11/16)
[Councilor STORCH] in support of Anderson-Hurtt-Pile for school board. (4/20/16)
[Councilor WILLIAMS] Column A Dem kickoff: Keep Plainfield moving forward. (5/01/16)
[DAVID] Where is your quadrant on the political compass? (5/04/16)
[JACKIE] week in review catches Eyewitness News on Watchung Avenue. (5/01/16)
[REBECCA at Bathrobe Blogger] Prince: Genius of Realness. (4/22/2016)
[NOEL at PALS] YES basketball tournament, 6th-8th Grade Division. (3/26/16).