Tales of the Plainfield Democrats.. Olddoc on the Democratic convention.. Council President Storch on supporting our youth.. Councilor Williams: 'Long Walk to Freedom' at United Presbyterian July 28.. Jackie: BB18 live feeds into Tuesday morning..
CLIPS is your daily roundup of links to blog posts and news about Plainfield or affecting Plainfielders. Begun in 2003 as an email newsletter to Plainfield city council members when I was Plainfield's public information officer, it was later offered to the general public by email and has been available as a blog since 2007. If you have questions, suggestions or tips, email me at email@example.com.
Asm Jerry Green: "Ever the statesman, Green assails tone taken over Wasserman Schultz affair"
Bike Giveaway: "Salvation Army, Dairy Queen set to give away 200 bikes"
Police: "7 arrests, 3 loaded guns, drugs, 2 cars, cash seized by police"
Unaccompanied Immigrants: "Children of Fear: Who speaks for America's youngest immigrants?"
Elizabeth: "Frank Capece acquitted in school lunch case"
Newark: "'Nuns on the Bus' stop at St. Lucy's in social justice tour"
North Plainfield: "Rookie cop save elderly man in Regency Village fire"
Orange: "Feds raid Orange Library"
2016 Presidential Race --
- "Live stream, Tuesday at the convention"
- "Sanders: Clinton must become the next president" -- Full text here.
- "Michelle Obama hits Republicans" -- Full text and video here.
- "Al Franken roasts Trump"
- "Dems try to emphasize unity after day of turmoil"
- "Booker gets convention rocking" -- Ledger | Record | PolNJ | -- Full text here.
- "Trump blasts Booker on Twitter"
- "Dems roll out top stars to support Clinton"
- "Why Russia is top suspect in DNC hack"
- "Sanders urges supporters not to demonstrate on floor"
- "Wasserman Schultz: Loyal to a fault"
- "Christie can't be happy about his cameo appearance at DNC"
Campaign Finance: "Man admits funneling foreign funds to Obama 2008 campaign"
Gas Tax Plan: "Christie: Dems' tax plan 'dead on arrival'"
RECENT BLOG POSTS --
[BERNICE] Tales of the Plainfield Democrats.
[OLDDOC] on the Democratic Convention. (7/26/16)
[Mayor MAPP] Plainfield Summer: Public Safety, Education, Redevelopment, and Quality of Life. (7/18/16)
[Councilor STORCH] on supporting our youth. (7/26/16)
[Councilor WILLIAMS] 'Long Walk to Freedom' at United Presbyterian July 28. (7/25/16)
[DAVID] on his Montréal vacation. (7/19/16)
[JACKIE] BB18 live feeds into Tuesday morning. (7/26/16)
[REBECCA at Bathrobe Blogger] Shakespeare's '12th Night' at Cedar Brook Park Sunday. (7/19/2016)
[NOEL at PALS] YES basketball tournament, 6th-8th Grade Division. (3/26/16).