Corzine & hospitals: More mush.. Muhlenberg rally report.. New BOE prez.. McGreevey 3somes again.. Obama & NJ..
Plainfield Plaintalker: "Rivers wins BOE presidency" | "Street memorials present a dilemma"
Crescent Times: "Seeking feedback for a Block Ass'n blog" | "Mentoring Black boys: A model"
Doc's Potpourri: "The Saga of a Hospital Closing"
- "O'Hara's Muhlenberg support is front-page news"
- "Corzine's hospital funding cuts"
- "Muhlenberg closing: Town-by-town impact" -- With chart.
Councilors are blogging: Councilor Cory Storch(here) has an entry on developing a City Council agenda; and Councilor Rashid Burney blogs (here).
Nursing Homes: "Edison-area nursing homes among nation's priciest" -- That would be Solaris?
McGreeveys: "McGreeveys' lawyers spar over threesomes testimony"
Barack & Wright - The View from Jersey --
- Black Clergy: "Candidate lets down some of N.J. clergy"
- John Farmer: "Wright backlash not defining issue for Indiana voters"
- NJ Pols: "Fiery pastor has Obama backers edgy"
- (Breaking) Latest Poll: "Poll: NJ Dem support shifting to Obama"
Got a tip? Question? Click here to send PT an email.
- Today - April 30. 2 - 7 PM. Muhlenberg School of Nursing Open House. Tours of the new Harold B. and Dorothy a. Snyder School of Nursing will be held, in addition to opportunities for potential students to have credits evaluated and specific program presentations on radiography (4:30), radiation therapy (5:00), sonography (5:30) and nuclear medicine technology(6:00). Info: (908) 668-3400.
- Tomorrow - May 1. 9 AM - 1 PM. Rummage Sale. This is one of Plainfield's best: Household items, small appliances, baby items, toys, home decor, clothing and more. At United Church of Christ, West 7th at Madison Avenue.
- Friday - May 2. 2 - 6 PM. Rummage Sale. This is one of Plainfield's best: Household items, small appliances, baby items, toys, home decor, clothing and more. At United Church of Christ, West 7th at Madison Avenue.
- Saturday - May 3. 9 AM - 1 PM. Rummage Sale. This is one of Plainfield's best: Household items, small appliances, baby items, toys, home decor, clothing and more. At United Church of Christ, West 7th at Madison Avenue.
- Saturday - May 3. 10 AM - 2 PM (Rain or shine). Plainfield Public Library's Community Health and Fitness Fair. Local health, wellness and fitness groups will be conducting free screenings and demonstrations on many topics -- including diet and exercise, injury rehab, pilates, karate and dance. Medicare and Part B info will also be offered. Eight agencies are joining with the Library in the effort. At the Plainfield Public Library, 8th Street and Park Avenue. Info, Bob Golon at (908) 757-1111, x132. FREE, no advance registration required.
- Saturday - May 3. 8 PM. Plainfield Symphony: Music Of The New World. Dvorak's From the New World Symphony, Grofé's Mississippi Suite, Corigliano's Red Violin Suite, Barber's, Violin Concerto with Concertmaster Evelyn Estaza as soloist. The Plainfield Symphony performs at Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church, Watchung Avenue at East 7th Street. $25/General seating. $15/Senior & Student. Info: (908) 561-5140.
- Monday - May 5. 8 PM. City Council Business Meeting. City Council Chambers/Courthouse. Watchung Avenue and East 4th Street.
Sen. Lesniak: "Senator's plan would double levies charged on highways"
Manville: "Hearing on proposed tax increase" -- Chop in state aid, sagging economy = double-digit increase for next year. Can you say Plainfield?
Newark: "City picks gunshot detection system" -- Shotspotter of California.
Kelly Heyboer's 'Jersey Blogs': "New Jersey's state parks: To close or not to close?"
Corruption: "Guttenberg mayor, wife guilty" -- Ledger | NYTimes |
Lead Poisoning: "Corzine boosts lead dust rules"
Rutgers: "Rutgers center to assess U.S. bridges"
Torricelli: "Torricelli Charity Gets Leftover Funds"
Transit Trust Fund: "Smaller toll hikes, gas tax hike eyed" -- Ledger | NYTimes |
Sheneman's Cartoon is here.
Margulies' Cartoon is here.
NATION / WORLD
2008 Campaigns --
- Obama: "Obama breaks with former pastor" -- Politico | WashPost | NYTimes | McClatchy |
- Clinton: "GOP gives Clinton the silent treatment"
- Superdelegates: "Obama may win Hill superdelegate fight"
- McCain: "McCain Strengthening His Political Marriage"
Food Prices: "Siphoning Off Corn to Fuel Our Cars" -- And cost effects down the line.
Gas Prices: "President Repeats First-Term Answers"
Iraq: "U.S. Role Deepens in Sadr City"
Mortgage Help: "Federal Mortgage Plan Falls Short" -- Millions in trouble, plan has helped 2,000.
Video Games: "Latest 'Grand Theft' game spins highway robbery into gold"
Auto Thefts: "Thieves' new target lies beneath cars" -- Catalytic converters coveted for platinum.
Money: "Opportunity funds convert trouble into treasure" -- Wall Street ALWAYS makes money.
BOOK REVIEW LINKS: NY Times | Wash Post | Ledger | NY Rev Bks | London Rev Bks |