Bernice: Taxis, speed among Council concerns; Pay at the booth in Lot 6.. Olddoc wrestles with Verizon cell service, points to a Boroqitz Report.. Noel at PALS: Panthers maul Farmers.. Jackie: BBOTT nominations and stuff..
CLIPS is your daily roundup of links to blog posts and news about Plainfield or affecting Plainfielders. Begun in 2003 as an email newsletter to Plainfield city council members when I was Plainfield's public information officer, it was later offered to the general public by email and has been available as a blog since 2007. If you have questions, suggestions or tips, email me at email@example.com.
Jobs & Poverty: "Small factories emerge as weapon in the fight against poverty" -- As I have been arguing forever.
Millennials: "Millennials aren't cheap, they're thrifty"
Pets: "NJ pets in need, Oct. 31"
2016 Presidential Race --
- "FBI knew of emails for weeks, only briefed Comey on Thursday" -- Record | Bloomberg |
- "Clinton tries to move past emails, Trump revels in them" -- NYTimes | Bloomberg |
- "DOJ gets warrant to examine emails" -- NYTimes | Politico |
- "Early turnout tilts toward Dems in swing states" -- NYTimes | Politico |
- "Trump rescinded offer of VP to Christie because of Bridgegate" -- NYPost | Ledger | Politico |
- "Trump had a plan in the 80's to 'make Paramus great again'" -- Presaging the current campaign.
- "Christie: All signs point to an incredible turnout for Trump"
- "Kelly's attorney makes final argument today"
- "Defense lawyer: Wildstein out to 'deliver heads'"
- "One loser at Bridgegate trial: Christie"
- "Bridge scandal has become thorny issue for another governor: Cuomo"
Gas Tax Deal --
- "Ballot questions fuels gas tax opposition"
- "Sales tax cut: Will you notice it?"
- "With estate tax vanishing, lawyers expect drop in business"
Sandy Aftermath: "Lessons learned as utilities spend more on resiliency"
School Funding: "Top Dems disagree on crafting new funding plan"
RECENT BLOG POSTS --
[BERNICE] Taxis, speed among Council concerns; Pay at the booth in Lot 6.
[OLDDOC] wrestles with Verizon cell service, points to a Boroqitz Report. (10/31/16)
[Mayor MAPP] on loyalty and trust. (10/17/16)
[Councilor STORCH] salutes volunteer community cleanup efforts. (9/26/16)
[Councilor WILLIAMS] Weekend activities in Plainfield... Join Us. (10/26/16)
[DAVID] Plainfield to revisit 1967 rebellion this Saturday. (10/28/16)
[JACKIE] BBOTT nominations and stuff. (10/31/16)
[REBECCA at Bathrobe Blogger] We're with her!Let's make 'HERstory'!. (10/27/2016)
[NOEL at PALS] Panthers maul Farmers. (10/30/16)
FACEBOOK PAGES: City of Plainfield | Plainfield Buzz | Plainfield Community Connect | PHS Educational Community | Queen City Pride |
**NOTE: As of Monday, 8/15/16, PolicitckerNJ has become part of the NY Observer's website. (Both are owned by Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner). I have always used the abbreviation 'PolNJ' to point to articles from the site. Things have gotten complicated in the meantime, since Politico, the award-winning national news site, has begun to branch out with a NJ version -- PoliticoNJ. To avoid confusion, I will henceforth refer to PolitickerNJ with the abbreviation "ObsNJ'.. Hope that's not all too confusing. -- Dan