I will be posting 'lite' over the Labor Day weekend.
Be sure to check out fellow Plainfield bloggers below --
PLAINFIELD PLAINTALKER | CRESCENT TIMES | DOC'S POTPOURRI | SAVE MUHLENBERG |
PPS NEWS | PEPTALK | PLAINFIELD SPORTS NEWS | PLAINFIELD TREES |
Latin American Coalition: "Civil rights group joins case involving Connolly Properties" -- FAIR attempting to use RICO statutes against landlords, Plainfield a test case.
Bank Overdrafts: "Those fees may see changes soon" -- For the better?
COUNCILOR STORCH | COUNCILOR BURNEY | JERRY GREEN'S PAGE |
Got a tip? Question? Click here to send PT an email.
- Traffic Alert - Rt 78: Repaving from Watchung (Plainfield Avenue exit) west to Rt 287. Expect lane closures. Work to be completed in September.
- Tomorrow - September 1 (Labor Day). 11 AM - 5 PM. Free Back-to-School Haircuts/Hairdos. Barbers and stylists donate free boys' haircuts and girls' hairdos. Sponsors: Fathers Against Guns and Elm-West Residents Association, with special donations by BOE members Bridget Rivers and Christian Estevez. At the Liberty Village Community Center, 205 Liberty Street. (Girls note: Hair must be washed and blow-dried.)
Tuesday - September 2. 8 PM. City Council Business Meeting. City Council Chambers/Courthouse. Watchung Avenue and East 4th Street. Cancelled by order of Council President Gibson.
- Thursday - September 4. Noon - 2 PM. Music In The Plaza. A Latin Festival, featuring the music of David Cedeno. At the Union County Office Building Plaza, West Front Street and Park Avenue. FREE.
- Saturday - September 6. 10 AM - 4 PM. 45th Annual Plainfield Outdoor Festival of Art. Showcasing fine arts and crafts, local artists, music, dance and food. With a special children's art table and kid activities. At Library Park. Sponsor: City of Plainfield. FREE.
- Monday - September 8. 7:30 PM. City Council Agenda Session. City Hall Library. 515 Watchung Avenue.
- Saturday - September 13. 4:30 - 7:30 PM. 8th Annual 'Wine Discovery'. One of Plainfield's 'must-attend' events, the annual wine tasting raises funds in support of the Plainfield Public Library's literacy and program needs. Sponsor: Friends of the Plainfield Public Library. At the home of Mr. and Mrs. William Gearhart 1039 Rahway Road. Tickets: $75/person advance, $85 at the door. There is also an exclusive tour of this magnificent home from 3:30 - 4:30 PM Tickets for the tour (including the wine tasting) are $85/person in advance and $95 at the door. Info: (908) 757-2305.
Cranford: "Citizen Police Academy gives window onto police work"
East Orange: "Elmwood Presbyterian will host Obama's ex-pastor, as it has since 1989"
Linden: "GM plant makes way for industrial and retail park"
Rutgers Stadium: "Will it be ready for tomorrow afternoon?"
The Auditor -- For political junkies: "Sunday, August 31"
Corzine vs. Christie: "Corzine takes on Christie over ethics reform"
Oprah: "Oprah pledges $1M for scholarships for Whitesboro students"
Sheneman's Cartoon is here.
NATION / WORLD
- GOP Convention: "Storm scrambles GOP convention"
- Paul Mulshine: "McCain's time has come -- and gone"
- Drama: "Drama the surprise of the summer" -- For both Obama and McCain.
- Speeches: "Both conventions trend to shorter"
Fireflies: "Lightning bugs dwindling?"
BOOK REVIEW LINKS: NY Times | Wash Post | Ledger | NY Rev Bks | London Rev Bks |