Kensington Avenue: America is back!.. Bernice on PMUA survey.. Courier & Jerry on gangs.. Liyana concert..
BREAKING: Just received an email that a helicopter landed at Hub Stine Field at 8:55 AM. This usually means a medevac emergency, someone seriously injured in an accident, an attack or a fire. More when I get details. -- Dan.
Be sure to check out fellow Plainfield bloggers: Bernice has some wise input on the PMUA survey most of us got yesterday, and a neat slide show. Olddoc takes a respite from pension deferral and Obama stimulus plans with some USSR pix. Check 'em out. PSN covers the Cardinals at Linden. Assemblyman Green posts his thoughts on gangs and the community after Thursday's symposium (more in the Courier).
| PPS NEWS | PEPTALK | PLAINFIELD TREES |COUNCILOR McWILLIAMS | COUNCILOR MAPP |
| COUNCILOR STORCH | COUNCILOR BURNEY | JERRY GREEN'S PAGE |
Disabled Zimbabwe Musicians: "Afro-fusion band Liyana delights Cedar Knolls students" -- Video here. This electrifying group (I heard them on WNYC) will perform Monday at NJPAC -- final appearance in their US tour.
Home Repair Scam: "Franklin Twp. man swindled of $40K" -- Courier | Ledger |
Penis Enlargement Lawsuit: "Court dismisses case" -- Says plaintiff failed to prove 'ascertainable loss'.
Tangled Webs: "Prosecutor asks AG to investigate Perth Amboy police director in discrimination case"
UPS Discrimination Case: "UPS ordered to pay man it discriminated against" -- Refused Rastafarian job with public contact.
Got a tip? Question? Click here to send PT an email.
- PLAINFIELD YOUTH BASKETBALL: ANNUAL NJ NETS TRIP. Ticket purchase DEADLINE is today, January 31. This year's game is against the CLEVELAND CAVALIERS, Sunday, March 22. Bus will depart PHS Kenyon Avenue parking lot at 4:30 PM SHARP (Game time is 6 PM.). Tickets: $28/person, includes bus and entry to game. Info and reservations: Lenny Cathcart, (908) 822-7249.
- PMUA 2009 CALENDAR: Click here for a printable, color-coded copy of the 2009 calendar; also available for pickup at the Plainfield Public Library and City Hall.
- FY2009 BUDGET: A three-year budget comparison document is online here.
- Today - January 31. 2 PM. Black History Month Kickoff. Storytelling and dance program for youngsters. At the Plainfield Public Library, Park Avenue and 8th Street. FREE.
- Monday - February 2. 8 PM. City Council Business Meeting. City Council Chambers/Courthouse. Watchung Avenue and East 4th Street.
- Thursday - February 5. 7 PM. FOSH Meeting. The Friends of Sleepy Hollow meet to discuss issue of importance to residents and to plan activities for the community, among which a favorite is always the annual FOSH Yard Sale, which draws thousands of visitors to the Queen City. At the Plainfield Public Library, Park Avenue at 8th Street. Info: Pat Kavanaugh, (908) 561-6046.
- Thursday - February 5. 7:30 PM SHARP. Seton Hall vs. St. John's Basketball Game. Free tickets. Great seats. Bus trip sponsored by the Division of Recreation. Leave from City Hall parking lot. Bus returns at Midnight. Info and ticket reservations: Recreation Division, (908) 753-3097.
- Saturday - February 7. 7 PM - Midnight. Doo-Wop Hop: Benefiting The Plainfield Symphony. Celebrate the 89th season of New Jersey's oldest community orchestra at a fun evening featuring live '50s music from The Street Hearts. Buffet dinner with wine and beer, live and silent auctions. Tickets: $89/person. Reservations: Charles Weltner (908) 561-5660. PLUS: 50/50 Raffle. $100/ticket. Half of proceeds to ticket holder (need not be present to win) and half will go toward the 90th Anniversary celebration in the fall of 2009. 50/50 Info and purchases: Mary Burgwinkle, (908) 756-4688.
- Saturday - February 14. 8 PM. The Plainfield Symphony: A Symphonic Valentine. Guest Conductor: Jason Tramm. Soloist: Allen Yueh. Puccini: Intermezzo from Manon Lascaut. Tchaikovsky: B Flat Major Piano Concerto. Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherezade. At Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church, Watchung Avenue at East 7th Street. $25/General seating. $15/Senior & Student. Info: (908) 561-5140 or email email@example.com. The Plainfield Symphony, New Jersey's oldest community symphony, was established in 1919.
2009 Races: "Bramnick for Lt. Governor? Read on." -- Plainfield native in the spotlight.
Allstate Auto Insurance: "Allstate files for rate increase"
Gannett: "Gannett posts earnings loss" | "S&P may cut Gannett to junk status" -- Parent of Courier News and 5 other NJ papers. Also see Gannett Blog here.
NATION / WORLD
Iran: "Obama team looks for opening in Iran"
Executive Pay: "Missouri Senator proposes $400K limit - same as President's" -- Go ahead, explain you're worth more than the leader of the Free World.
GOP: "GOP picks first Black chairman, will change follow?"
Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to get started.