Netherwood Hts. fire.. Detroit scandal-Plainfield link?.. Crescent Presbyterian gets grant.. Gibson update..
- "Why Caroline Kennedy Endorsed Obama" -- The REAL backstory.
- "Detroit mayoral scandal has Plainfield echoes"
Crescent Times: "School Policies Meeting"
Plainfield Trees: "The Beeches" -- NEW ENTRY on Plainfield's trees.
Councilors are blogging: Check out Cory Storch's NEW post (here) and Rashid Burney (here).
Council President Gibson: "Plainfield official is home after surgery"
Crescent Avenue Church: "Historic sites in line for $1M in state grants"
Fire: "Netherwood Heights fire displaces three" -- Courier | Ledger -- Mary Lou and family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Toll Hike Town Hall: "Corzine speaks to 700 at Cranford meeting" | "Unions Sign On"
Cops and Web Anonymity: "ACLU supports Newark officer in suit"
Blue Cross ID Theft: "Legislators asking how Blue Cross lost laptop"
Jayson Williams Case: "Hearing date set in ex-Net's case"
Got a tip? Question? Click here to send PT an email.
- Saturday - February 2. 2 PM. Okra Dance Company: American Dance from Africa to Broadway. See the development of American dance from its African roots and European influences to soft shoe, tap, minstrel and social dancing -- concluding with today's Broadway and club dances. A Black History Month performance sponsored by the Plainfield Public Library. At the Library's Anne Louise Davis Community Room. See the Library's complete Black History Month programs on its website http://www.plainfieldlibrary.info/. Info: (908) 757-1111 x129. FREE.
- Monday - February 4. 7:30 PM. City Council Agenda Session. City Hall Library. 515 Watchung Avenue.
- Tuesday - February 5. 6 AM - 8 PM. Presidential Primary Election.
- Wednesday - February 6. 7 PM. Zoning Board of Adjustment. City Hall Library. Public invited.
- Wednesday - February 6. 8 PM. City Council Business Meeting. City Council Chambers/Courthouse. Watchung Avenue and East 4th Street.
- Thursday - February 7. 8 PM. Planning Board. City Hall Library. Public invited.
7th Congressional District: "Kean Jr. backs Lance for Congress" -- Ledger | Courier -- To face Linda Stender.
Bikeway Grants: "Somerville gets $720K grant for bikeway"
Cory Booker: "The color of politics" -- Online teaser to a long New Yorker profile, 2/4/08 edition.
Diocese of Metuchen Parochial Schools: "Report offers plan for schools" -- Ledger | Courier |
Union Twp.: "Court to hear complaint over rejection of charter change petitions"
Presidential Primary --
- GOP: "Giuliani support in NJ could shift to McCain"
- Pols Realign: "New Jersey politicians quick to switch horses"
Chris Christie & Ashcroft: "Ashcroft and Christie are focus of hearing on monitoring deals"
Montclair State: "Funding is released to publish Montclair campus newspaper"
NJ State Museum: "Global warming exhibit in Trenton gets $500K PSEG grant"
Sheneman's Cartoon is here.
Margulies' Cartoon is here.
NATION / WORLD
2008 Primaries --
- Dems: "Moynihan Backed Clinton; His Widow Backs Obama"
- GOP: "Republicans' Four-Man Debate Dominated by McCain, Romney"
- John Farmer: "Tuesday not decisive, but builds inevitability"
- Overview - SL: "Presidential fields shrink for Super Tuesday"
CIA Tapes: "Mukasey Hints at Wider CIA Probe"
The Markets: "Wall Street Blocked By Buyout Debt" -- Is Bernanke clueless? Or powerless?
Good Lawyer Gone Bad: "Ethics counsel calls for disbarment of Holocaust lawyer"
Military: "Soldier Suicides at Record Level"
'Junior Nobels': "Bayonne student is vying for 'junior Nobel' in Intel contest"
BOOK REVIEW LINKS: NY Times | Wash Post | Ledger | NY Rev Bks | London Rev Bks |