Dottie, Dan & Hillary.. Muhlenberg meeting tonight, rally tomorrow.. No Council tonight.. Train station cleanup..
Plainfield Plaintalker: "No Council meeting tonight"
Crescent Times: "Train Station: Victory on Sight!" | "Master Plan 101"
Save Muhlenberg: "Rally: Tuesday, April 1st - 5 PM" | "Info: Buses to Trenton Rally"
Plainfield Trees: "Cornelian Cherry Dogwood" -- Another post in Greg Palermo's ongoing series on Plainfield's trees, with a tip 'o the hat to Plainfield's own Barbara Sandford.
Councilors are blogging: Councilor Cory Storch weighs in on the question of progress in Plainfield -- see (here) -- and Councilor Rashid Burney blogs (here).
Mayoral Security: "Security team pulls rare ruse"
Racial Identity: "Who Are We? New Dialogue on Mixed Race" -- Thanks to Obama.
Got a tip? Question? Click here to send PT an email.
- Today - March 31. 6:30 PM. 'Save Muhlenberg' Planning Meeting. Under the leadership of POP. At duCret School of the Arts, 1030 Central Avenue. Residents, employees, and all impacted by or interested Muhlenberg are welcome. Info: Steven Hatcher, Plainfield POP chair, (908) 731-1518.
- Tuesday - April 1. 5 - 7 PM. 'Save Muhlenberg' Rally. All are encouraged to come out and rally as Solaris Health Systems meets with what it styles 'community leaders' to discuss closing Muhlenberg. Gather at Park Avenue and Randolph Road.
- Tuesday - April 1. 7:30 PM. (Rescheduled ) Historic Preservation Commission. City Hall Library. Public invited.
- Wednesday - April 2. 7 PM. Zoning Board of Adjustment. City Hall Library. Public invited.
- Thursday - April 3. 8 PM. Planning Board. City Hall Library. Public invited.
- Saturday - April 5. 8 PM. Plainfield Symphony: Hooray For Hollywood! A pops concert featuring some of Hollywood's best movie music - Gone With The Wind, Casablanca, Harry Potter, James Bond, and more. Guest soloist Gabriela Imreh. The Plainfield Symphony performs at Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church, Watchung Avenue at East 7th Street. $25/General seating. $15/Senior & Student. Info: (908) 561-5140.
- Monday - April 7. 6:30 PM. 'Save Muhlenberg' Planning Meeting. Under the leadership of POP. At duCret School of the Arts, 1030 Central Avenue. Residents, employees, and all impacted by or interested Muhlenberg are welcome. Info: Steven Hatcher, Plainfield POP chair, (908) 731-1518.
- Monday - April 7. 7:30 PM. City Council Agenda Session. City Hall Library. 515 Watchung Avenue.
- Wednesday - April 9. 8 PM. City Council Business Meeting. City Council Chambers/Courthouse. Watchung Avenue and East 4th Street.
Duke Gardens: "Growing pains to close gardens at Duke Farms" -- But opening more.
Ellis Island: "Exhibit honors diplomats who secretly let scores flee the Holocaust"
Newark: "Building blocks for Newark's revival" -- Sage advice for any town.
Sharpe James Trial: "Choirboy lawyer flourishes in place with few angels" -- James' defense lawyer.
Dividing New Jersey: "An invisible boundary divides N.J."
Foreclosures: "Hundreds of homes enter foreclosure with no end in sight"
Sheneman's Cartoon is here.
Margulies' Cartoon is here.
NATION / WORLD
2008 Campaigns --
- Clinton: "Rosy Words for Clinton by ’90s Nemesis" -- Swiftboater Richard Mellon Scaife, sugar daddy of the ultra-right.
- Pennsyvlvania: "The Obama-Casey State Tour"
- Texas: "Obama gains more ground in Texas conventions"
- McCain: "McCain Faces Test in Wooing Elite Donors"
- "A Nervous Wall St. Seems Unsure What’s Next"
- "Lehman sues over $350M loss, alleging fraud" -- Word is Lehman is next to go.
HUD: "HUD Secretary Expected to Quit Monday" -- Steering contracts to friends alleged.
Iraq: "Sadr Tells His Militia To Cease Hostilities"
Recession: "States Are Hit Hard by Economic Downturn" -- Including NJ.
Credit Cards: "That one late payment could cost you a bundle"
Jerseyans Round-the-World Race: "Plans to circle the globe in record time halted" -- SNAFU in India.
Web Archives: "Some of today's internet won't be gone tomorrow"
Obituary: "Dith Pran, inspiration for 'The Killing Fields'" -- NYTimes | Ledger | Video Interview |
BOOK REVIEW LINKS: NY Times | Wash Post | Ledger | NY Rev Bks | London Rev Bks |