On jury duty today, you're on your own with the blogs.. Arrest in murder #2.. Connolly faces foreclosure on 9 Plainfield properties..
Board of Ed Race --
- Forums: "Candidates to be showcased at two forums"
- Independent: "Denise Riley, independent candidate for 1-year term"
Census 2010: "Census officials alarmed by low response from NJ"
Homicide No. 2: "Plainfield woman charged with fatally stabbing man at party"
- Gov. Christie: "Christie defends cuts, gears up for fight with union" | "Q&A on salary freezes"
- Dunellen: "Dunellen budget would raise taxes by $221 average"
- Perth Amboy: "BOE, city officials rail at cut in state aid, order to raise taxes"
Plainfield observers (click on name to go to post): Bernice. Olddoc. Maria. Piv. Jerry (post comments on Jerry's blog here). Bo on the 22nd. Councilor Mapp. Councilor Storch. Councilor Burney. Councilor McWilliams. Plainfield Sports News. PPS News (Schools).
SCHOOL BOARD CAMPAIGN BLOGS
There are three teams of candidates running for three 3-year seats and one 1-year seat. Each has a campaign blog, listed below in alphabetical order by team name/designation. Incumbents are designated by an asterisk (*). There are two independent candidates who are not blogging as far as I know.Don't miss these personal blogs by Plainfielders, each with a point of view: Rebecca Williams' Confessions of a Bathrobe Blogger; Renata Hernandez' PEPTalk: Revisited; Jackie Schnoop's The (TV) Show Must Go On; and Dottie Gutenkauf's Dottie G Sez.
CHANGE OUR SCHOOLS - CHANGE OUR CITY
3-year term: Jaclynne (Jackie) Callands, Dani Fletcher, Mahogany Hendricks; 1-year term: Clayton Tucker, Sr.
COALITION FOR BETTER SCHOOLS
3-year term: Mary Burgwinkle, Martin Cox*, Christian Estevez*; 1-year term: Carmencita Pile
ELECT A GRAND S.L.A.M. (SCHOOL LEADERSHIP ADVOCACY MOVEMENT)
3-year term: Rasheed Abdul-Haqq, Wilma Campbell*, Renata Hernandez; 1-year term: Keisha Edwards
DENISE RILEY, independent candidate for 1-year term (Courier News item)
| PLAINFIELD SPORTS NEWS| PLAINFIELD TREES | COUNCILOR MAPP | COUNCILOR McWILLIAMS |
| COUNCILOR STORCH | COUNCILOR BURNEY | JERRY GREEN'S PAGE | BO ON THE 22nd |
- Today through April 9. During Library hours. Library Spring Book Sale. The Plainfield Public Library's mini Spring Book Sale features fiction, African-American history, cookbooks, women's history, religion and more -- all at $1 each. Located in the pool courtyard, the sale is continuous during Library hours (Mon-Wed: 9 am - 8 pm; Thu-Fri: 9 am - 5 pm; Sat: 9 am - 1 pm). The Plainfield Public Library is at Park Avenue and West 8th Street. Info: Mary Ellen Rogan, (908) 757-1111 x132.
- Today - March 31. 5:30 - 7:30 PM. PEA: Board of Ed Candidate Forum. All 14 Board of Ed candidates have been invited to the Plainfield Education Association's candidate forum. Questions can be submitted by email to email@example.com. Info: Odessa Atkins, (908) 561-0664. At Plainfield High School Cafeteria, parking available in the Kenyon Avenue lot.
- Today - March 31. 7 PM. City Council Town Hall Meeting (Ward 3). Third Ward residents are invited to discuss concerns specific to their Ward and neighborhoods. At Cedarbrook School, Central Avenue.
- Today - March 31. 7 PM. Union County Citizens Budget Review Forum. The Westfield Leader/Scotch Plains Times editorial staff will moderate a panel discussion reviewing the proposed Union County budget, as well as questions from the audience. County and state officials have been invited to participate. The forum will be taped by Cranford's public access cable station and distributed to all community access cable stations in Union County (including Plainfield). At the Cranford Municipal Building, Council Chambers, 8 Springfield Avenue. For more details, see CountyWatchers here, which includes links to budget review summaries and full report.
- Tomorrow - April 1. 7 PM. Plainfield Democratic City Committee Meeting. Called by chairperson Assemblyman Jerry Green to consider candidates for the June primary. At the YWCA of Central NJ, 232 East Front at Church Street. Guests are welcome.
Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to get started.