'08's #1 story: Plainfield's referendum on Green.. Sharon: Secretive, self-defeating to the end.. Bernice discovers the Mayor's reception..
- "'08's top 10 - #1: In referendum on Green, Plainfield chooses McWilliams, Mapp"
- "Sharon's 2008: Secretive, self-defeating to the end"
| PPS NEWS | PEPTALK | PLAINFIELD SPORTS NEWS | PLAINFIELD TREES |
| COUNCILOR STORCH | COUNCILOR BURNEY | JERRY GREEN'S PAGE | ANNIE McWILLIAMS | ADRIAN MAPP |
Affordable Housing: "Towns' housing plans due today"
Unemployment: "Jobless offices have work cut out for them"
Got a tip? Question? Click here to send PT an email.
- FREE PARKING FOR THE HOLIDAYS in both the Downtown and South Avenue shopping districts.
- FY2009 BUDGET: A three-year budget comparison document is online here.
- Today - December 31. 10 PM. Community Watch Night Service. The congregations of Shiloh Baptist Church and Ruth Fellowship Ministries join together for a community Watch Night Service. Rev. Tracey Brown of Ruth Fellowship will preach. At Shiloh Baptist Church, 517 West 4th Street. All are invited.
- Tomorrow - January 1. 10 - 11:30 AM. Reorganization Open House. Mayor Sharon Robinson-Briggs hosts the annual event at City Hall Library, 515 Watchung Avenue. The public is invited.
- Tomorrow - January 1. Noon. City Council Reorganization and Mayor's 'State of the City' Address. The 140th City Council will be seated, including the swearing-in of newly elected members Annie McWilliams (Citywide at-large) and Adrian Mapp (Ward 3). At City Council Chambers/Courthouse, East 4th Street and Watchung Avenue. The public is invited.
- Friday - January 2. No PMUA Garbage Pickup. Regular service resumes Monday, January 5, 2009.