- "Plainfield's War Memorial Flagpole" -- And background on Memorial Day's origins.
- "Shootout reported at Green Brook Park Sunday evening"
Newark: "City hosts 44th annual African-American heritage parade"
Scotch Plains: A story on Plainfield native Juanita Kelly's full-figure apparel line is in the print edition only, for now.
Gov. Christie --
- Budget: "Christie, Dems expect NJ budget to get passed on time"
- Unions: "Firefighters union looking for voice in reform agenda"
PRIMARY ELECTION CAMPAIGN BLOGS
A contested Democratic primary for the Wards 2/3 seat this year has three candidates seeking the party line on the November ballot: incumbent Rashid Burney, New Democrat Rebecca Williams, and former Ward 3 councilor Don Davis. In addition, Jim Pivnichny is an uncontested candidate in the Republican primary. Their online presences are listed below--Don't miss these personal blogs by Plainfielders, each with a point of view: Rebecca Williams' Confessions of a Bathrobe Blogger; Milani Hernandez' PEPTalk: A PPS pupil's perspective, posts on the PAAAS spring concert; Jackie Schnoop's The (TV) Show Must Go On; and Dottie Gutenkauf's Dottie G Sez. There are two personal blogs concerned with the Plainfield public schools: Dr. E=MC²; and Eye on Plainfield Schools.
You can only vote in the primary of the party in which you are registered (Democrat or Republican). Registered voters who have not declared a party affiliation may do so on Primary Day at their polling place and vote in the primary of their choice.
- RASHID BURNEY (RDO): (BLOG)
- REBECCA WILLLIAMS (New Democrats): (BLOG) - (FACEBOOK)
- DON DAVIS: (WEBSITE)
- JIM PIVNICHNY: (BLOG)
| PLAINFIELD SPORTS NEWS| PLAINFIELD TREES | COUNCILOR MAPP | COUNCILOR McWILLIAMS |
| COUNCILOR STORCH | COUNCILOR BURNEY | JERRY GREEN'S PAGE | BO ON THE 22nd |
- No items on calendar today, no Memorial Day information on the city website; the observance, if there is one, should be at 10:00 AM. Have an enjoyable and safe Memorial Day!
Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to get started.